Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jelly Roll Xmas Quilt


♥ ♥ ♥
There's been a long while between posts... I just haven't had enough time to sew lately, but finally finished my first Jelly Roll Quilt, using the book ''Jelly Roll Quilts'' by Pam & Nicky Lintott.
Jelly Roll Quilts: The Perfect Guide to Making the Most of the Latest Strip Rolls
I used a Jelly Roll of Glace by 3 Sisters for Moda. Although this is a little too traditional for my taste, I'm still quite happy with the result. It will look nice on our bed for Christmas.
♥ ♥ ♥

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of traditional either, but I'd love to have that one in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I bought the Moda Glace jelly roll a couple years ago and have been saving it for a worthy project. I would love to make a quilt like this.I saw in the pattern it is the one in the book that they say is for quilters who are a little more advanced. Was there anything difficult about it? Do you have any tips you can share? Thanks in advance. Love the quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gemma,

    no, it wasn't difficult, as long as you keep the colors in order you will be fine. They have used 3 colors, from memory I think it was green, red, brown and white, but I changed it and used red, blue, green and white. The only thing is to remember which color you swapped it with and you will be fine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So there was no challenge in sewing on all the bias edges of the diamonds? I think that is what they point to when they say it is a more advanced pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I didn't find it too hard, for me it was more difficult to keep the colors in the right order.

    ReplyDelete