Wednesday, August 15, 2012

YAY! Labyrinth Quilt Finished!

It's always such an awesome feeling to finish a quilt, whether it took me a year to make or just a few days, there is just something really satisfying quilting that last stitch.  Last night I finished my Labyrinth quilt, which means I can start on another one today!  

This quilt was made using Red Pepper's Labyrinth quilt pattern. I can highly recommend her patterns, just so easy to follow and great photos. Fabrics used for this quilt are a mix of Denyse Schmidt, Heather Ross and Aneela Hoye beautiful fabrics!

6 comments:

  1. I just saw your Labyrinth quilt featured in Jeni of In Color Order's "favorites" post today. I LOVE IT! The mix of colors and fabrics are perfect, and the overall effect of your quilt achieves that perfect balance between contemporary and folk art -- very Scandinavian indeed, Ms. Swedeheart! ;-) Did you quilt this by hand or by machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,thank you so much, I'm glad you like it! I quilt by machine, I just don't have the patience to quilt by hand, I would never finish it. I have never sent a quilt top away to get done professionally, I always reason with myself that they money would be better spent on MORE fabric... I find the quilting part quite daunting, but once I get started, it usually goes better than expected! I better sneak over and have a look at Jeni of In Color Order now! I didn't know it was linked there - but it always makes me happy to see that someone else likes what I've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful quilt! I love your choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors you chose for this. White with red and pink are a favorite combo of mine :) you make such beautiful pieces! It's nice to meet you!~
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, very nice to meet you! your blog is beautiful! ok I'm following you!
    kisses
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quick
    T is beautiful. Nice job. I couldn't miss the cute little pup in the picture as well. A the mom to 2 German Shepherds, I know that stage of ear development. We call it the drunken sailor look! Lol

    ReplyDelete