Monday, January 12, 2009

Hop, Skip & A Jump : Rocket Quilt for Dylan

Hop, Skip & A Jump : Rocket Quilt for Dylan
I've been meaning to start a blog for a while now, but just never got around to it. Well, here it is, my first blog entry!
This is the first completed creation for 2009 - a Rocket quilt for my son Dylan for his 6th Birthday! It was really easy and fun to make, only took 2 days to complete from start to finish. The pattern is Hop, Skip & A Jump from Denyse Schmidt's book "Denyse Schmidt Quilts".
Denyse Schmidt Quilts: 30 Colourful Quilt and Patchwork Projects
I appliqued a Rocket on it which I found in The Australian Homespun No 67 (Vol 9.12).
Hop, Skip & A Jump : Rocket Quilt for Dylan

7 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful and the rocket applique finishes it off perfectly. I love the red fabric running through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super quilt. I love cute quilts for boys! And that rocket is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome quilt! I have some of that fabric in my stash, but I haven't decided what to use it for yet. Congrats on the SMS crayon roll feature, that's what I clicked over from. Your crayon rolls are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous quilt!! Love the applique. I used similar fabrics in a quilt for my son - they are great colours, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There,

    I just found this quilt when I googled Rocket Quilt.

    The rocket on your quilt was designed by me for my son Rory when he was 2 years old. Homespun printed my pattern for it. - I am thrilled to see how you made it up.

    Clearly you were thinking along the same lines as this lady

    http://imagingermonkey.blogspot.com/2009/05/gingers-rocket-quilt.html

    I just love the Prince Charming fabrics.

    Can I please use one of your images on my blog to show my readers what you have done with my pattern?

    Looking forward to your reply

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire,

    nice to hear from you, and yes, I made this quilt for my son when he turned 6 in January this year after getting the December issue of Homespun. I had been wanting to make this quilt for a long time but felt it needed something more on it, to bring in a little ''space''.

    I have never seen this other quilt which is very similar, I would dare say I might have given this lady an idea as I made mine back in December last year, and put it out on flickr in January.

    I'm glad you like it! I love how it turned out and I knew I wanted to use these fabrics because they are so soft compared to normal quilt fabrics.

    You are more than welcome to use these images in your blog, especially if you link back to mine :0).

    Many thanks from your kind comments from Jessica

    ReplyDelete