Sunday, May 3, 2009

1946 Quilt in Flea Market Fancy


1946
I bought this as a kit from Patchwork On Central Park and I just couldn't wait to begin to make this quilt. The pattern is made by Melly & Me - my all time favorite designers. I've been a fan of Rosalie Quinlan for years and when I bought my first Melly & Me pattern I had no idea that she was behind this label!

I couldn't believe my luck to find this kit - in one of the all time most gorgeous fabric ranges - Flea Market Fancy. I so wish this range could be re-released. Please Please, can somebody please do it - I know it would be another total world wide sell-out, even in a middle of an economic downturn...
Getting back to this quilt, it was fun and easy to make, lots of cutting though, I think it was about 400 squares cut into halves! I was cutting for 2 whole days, but it was so worth it! I'm really pleased with how it turned out and it's so far my favorite quilt to date. I backed it with Anna Maria Horner's fabric from her Chocolate Lollipop range. The colors are just perfect together, I forget at times they are not from the same range or designer!
1946

5 comments:

  1. WOW! That quilt is soooo completely gorgeous!! And yes I totally agree about those super yummy Flea Market Fancy fabrics!! I have some...but definitely not enough! :D

    I found your blog from your very beautiful and inspiring Flickr photos, and see that you've recently moved to a new house. We moved from Florida to North Carolina just a few months ago, and although the unpacking is quite tiring, it is so fun and very refreshing to be in a new home with our little family.

    Happy quilting! I wish you splendid fun-filled days while you make your new house into a home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! This quilt is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both for your lovely comments! I have just settled in to our new house and started to sew again which feels great. I just couldn't sew with boxes surrounding me everywhere, but now it's all pretty much set up and I can find a little time each day to sew! Happy sewing to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. everything you make is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm looking to buy this quilt pattern. I've looked on the Melly and Me site but can't seem to find it. I'd love to make something similar for myself.

    ReplyDelete