Monday, June 8, 2009

Turning the house into a home


It feels like forever since I've made anything and although that isn't the end of the world, it worries me that I might never get into the mood ever again! I know it's because of the move and I still don't feel 100% settled. It takes time to get it how you want it. This weekend I've finally set up my sewing corner in the house. I don't have a sewing room, but it doesn't matter because I love to sew in the kitchen and as it turns out, this sewing corner hangs off the kitchen. It's slowly changing from someone else's house to our home. Now I'm just waiting for the sewing bug to bite me and I will get started!

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE your sewing corner! I am inspired; most of my fabric stash sits in boxes stacked in my bedroom (not pretty). Your open shelves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl! I'm glad you like it, I agree with you, it's nice to be able to see your fabrics, but that cupboard is truly too full. I really want to go through it and have less in there - the doors can't even close properly! I do have some 8 huge boxes in our laundry with more fabrics... and that isn't pretty either as you said. I really need to either get sewing or really de-stash some of these, but I just loooove my fabrics and it's very hard to work out what I don't need... It's a terrible, wonderful hobby...

    ReplyDelete