Thursday, May 13, 2010

French Trapunto Quilting - Le Boutis

♥♥♥
I went to the Stitches and Craft Show in Melbourne last weekend with my sister-in-law Rebecca.  We had a wonderful day and spent a little bit too much money, but most of all, it kick started my motivation for sewing again!

I have been sewing a little bit every day since!  This is what I am working on now:

I am very excited about this French Trapunto Quilting Kit (Le Boutis) I bought at the show, which I have started working on.  It is different from my normal type of sewing, but as always, I love learning new things.

DSC03664
(This is what the kit looks like)

DSC03634
Here I have transferred the design on to the fabric  - so far so good

This is what it looks like now after a little bit of stitching.  Not sure this is correct, if the size of the stitches are right or not...  Seem to look a lot worse than what the lady at the Craft Show demostrated...  Oh, well.  I will keep you updated on the progress!  

DSC03666

♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Okay, i see what you mean. I think it looks pretty good but maybe just a fraction too big, but that could be because it's an extreme close up. Very even stitching though - well done.

    ReplyDelete