Monday, January 24, 2011

Babushka Doll


I've been wanting to make this Babushka doll for a while and tonight I started my first one. I have another 4 to go. I made this one using fabric from Tone Finnanger's TILDA collection. 


I found that the pattern (by Ooshka) was difficult to read as it was written in centimeters and not inches - most patchwork mats, rules etc are in inches - and also a lot of unnecessary pre-cutting of fabric, rather than just sew 4 strips together in correct width/length. The end result was the same, but I think the pattern should be re-written for the AU/USA market personally.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you, this is an easy pattern but with all the extra cutting it took too long. I made two of them but I now feel that I have re-design the pattern for next time! They are adorable though!

    ReplyDelete