Saturday, April 18, 2009

Big Nap Pillow for Stephanie



Originally uploaded by Swede-Heart

It's been a very long time between posts! All because we are in the process of moving to a new house. It's been a whirlwind of packing, selling our old home, organising things... as well as still keeping up with the 3 kids and all their activities. I've missed my sewing so much and although I had packed it all up, I had to open a few boxes last week just to do a little bit of sewing. I decided to make a present for our niece, Stephanie, who is having her Christening this week. I made one of these for my daughter Mia, about 2 years ago, and she just loves it and won't share it with anyone! I thought it would make a nice pillow for Stephanie too!
This is a big TV pillow for our niece Stephanie as a Christening pressie, using Amy Butler's pattern; Big Nap Pillow.
This is the second one of these that I've made, the first one was for my daughter Mia who loves her "flower" and won't let her brother's use it EVER!
I've used mostly Sandi Henderson's fabrics from Farmers Market & Ginger Blossom range. I used Heather Ross's Bicycles on Pink as main fabric.

6 comments:

  1. I love this pillow, think i will do one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so darling ... what pattern did you use for the pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for your lovely comments! Sorry, I thought I had included the pattern and fabric choices, but I missed that, so I've added it into the blog now. The Pattern is ''Big Nap Pillow'' by Amy Butler

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pillow pattern! I have it too and have made several of these pillows for my daughter and nieces. I have even converted the pattern to be fit for a boy. I will have to show these sometime on my blog. Very cute fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pillow. Think I will make one for my DD. She loves to take books in bed with her... This s an awesome pillow to put a book in and take it into bed!!!

    love Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did yu get the pattern? Can't find it anywhere! Can you tell me what the size of the pillow is when it's done??
    thanx

    miranda

    ReplyDelete