Tuesday, April 28, 2009

His & Her's Oven Mitts


I find it a bit hard to sew things for males of the family. They sort of don't want or need anything. The girls and women are easy, I can make bags, dolls, quilts, pencil roll holders, plus a whole heap of things that are sitting on my "To Do List", but it's more for the ladies, not the men... Last Christmas I tried hard to sew something for everyone, but because I only decided to do this half way through November, it was a bit of a challenge and I didn't complete all things I set out to do. This year I want to start much earlier. Anyway, getting back to the Oven Mitts. I thought that they were something I could make for a guy, so this is what Uncle Steve ended up with this year!
The pattern is "To Hot To Handle from Denyse Schmidt's book : "Denyse Schmidt Quilts: 30 Colorful Quilt And Patchwork Patterns". I had to change it slightly as I didn't have the same ribbon as she used in the book. I also made them larger than the pattern because I found them a touch small for the average guy!
Denyse Schmidt Quilts: 30 Colourful Quilt and Patchwork Projects
I also made a pair of really girly oven mitts for a girl at my gym, I think I will make a pair like these for myself for our new kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment